Click Rift Mage to go to my new site.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Lich Form vs Defile

Defile is a 38 Point DoT in the Warlock tree. Lich Form is a

Spec for Defile: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zwvz.xtczVdk0c.eeRhzVVx
Spec for Lich Form: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zwv_.xtszVdkzs.ceRhkVVxo

My Stats while testing:
SP: 857
SC: 562
Focus: 196

Parses were on the Boss Practice Dummy.

Parses (pet damage is added into my damage):

Defile:
709.44 DPS  193,676 damage over 4:33


Lich Form:
730.89 DPS  189,300 damage over 4:19




Neither parse had Neddra's Grasp as the dummy does not perform actions.

Conclusion:
Lich Form spec is more DPS. I use Defile spec sometimes for fights that have a lot of movement.

Note: I did not use Soul Purge in my Lich Form rotation which would have actually made my DPS better.



Recommended Leveling Guide...

Hey guys, if you are needing a good leveling guide that will get you up to 50 fast then I would recommend using xerxes guide. Most of the same leveling paths and quests lines that I used to level up are written out in this guide. I bought it a little while ago to check it out and see if it was any good and I was really impressed. Its too bad I didn't have this guide when I was leveling up, it would have saved me days of headache.


Click Here to check it out

3 comments:

  1. What are your rotations for each of these specs and were you not using GR for a reason? How else were you stacking DC or were you just not worrying about it?

    Also when were you using LF and EtC and other such CD's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use Grave Rot because in real encounters it is not a viable spell. You can't macro it, queue it, and you have to aim/click.

    Read http://riftmage.blogspot.com/2011/04/end-game-pve-mage-guide.html

    For my rotations.. just take Defile out for the Lich Form one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thnx a bunch your guides and parses have helped make me a much better mage keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete